~ Gifted ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome on Gifted. This message board is dedicated to the actor Shane Haboucha.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Desperation

Go down 
+7
Living_Dead_Boy
Nico
DJI
Sheva
Flora
Marcellus_Wallace
Twinkle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sheva

Sheva

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2005-11-30

Desperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Jun - 1:42

Yes! It's finally finished downloading! I'll burn it onto DVD before I leave for college then watch it when I get home today Very Happy Quite a Shane week this week (except not really...) I watched his episode of Monk yesterday too, well, only to make screen caps of Kevin Schmidt in it, see here (shameless self promotion) I didn't actually realise that they were in the same episode till I watched it... the shame...
Back to top Go down
Sheva

Sheva

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Jun - 10:55

OMG! I love Desperation!

Shane was amazing in it! As was all the cast! I never realised how hot Steven Weber was before.

Anyhoo, loved it, great Stephen King story, scary (at least I though so), funny, my only problem with it was the lack of Henry Thomas. lol. Peter Jackson.
Back to top Go down
Twinkle
Twinkle

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2005-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Jun - 6:28

LOL

Hi Sarah, I think you're crazy and I like it.
Have you sen Steven on "Jeffrey" ? I have the DVD because I was a fan of Michael T Weiss...

Well, it's cool you liked the movie and you are on Shane's week !
Back to top Go down
Sheva

Sheva

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Jun - 4:44

Quote :
Hi Sarah, I think you're crazy and I like it.

Very Happy

Quote :
Have you sen Steven on "Jeffrey" ? I have the DVD because I was a fan of Michael T Weiss...

No Sad I don't know who Michael is, I looked through his filmography, Clubhouse eh? I don't remember him in it, it's been awhile since I was that episode though. Well, I'm downloading all the episodes so I'll see him in it when I get to that one.

I've seen Steven in Wings (not many episodes though, just 1 or 2 and I don't really remember it that much) and Once & Again and The Lyon's Den (though I don't remember him in it, but I watched every episode obsessively, that was during my Rob Lowe obsession) .... I though I'd seen him in more... but I guess not... but today I will! Cos I got The Moguls on DVD! I'm gonna watch it at lunch today! It's got like the best cast ever!!!

William Fichtner, Ted Danson, Patrick Fugit, Alex Linz, Steven Weber, Isaiah Washington. Brilliant. I'm hyper.

Did you guys know that Alex and Steven are gonna be in Choose Connor together? Brilliant!

Quote :
Well, it's cool you liked the movie and you are on Shane's week !

The Shane week... or rather, 2 days, was fun Very Happy Stephen King stuff is always brilliant Very Happy

I had a Josh Hutcherson day yesterday Very Happy I watched R.V. and Zathura. I love having "days" or "weeks" of.... people...
Back to top Go down
DJay

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyFri 30 Jun - 4:42

We've read Desperation in english class - I think I was the only one who appreciated it (my class is full of gangsta-wannabes and mentally insane). They were probably thrown off by the religious themes.

I don't think New Zealand will ever get this mini-series.. bring on the bandwidth muncher.. (We have the most corrupt telecoms provider, it's the only one in NZ so there's no competition. 5gb transfer at 3.5mbps speeds is roughly US $35).
Back to top Go down
Sheva

Sheva

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Jul - 8:46

I'm not really into religious stuff, but I understood it... kinda...

Maybe you might be able to get it on DVD?

To everyone that's seen it, y'know when Collie calls David a "pray boy"? At first I thought he said "pretty boy" lol. I thought it was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
DJay

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Jul - 16:46

I might just have to order it off some shopping site. I'm quite into religious debates as everyone has their own opinion on the matter and it makes for great discussion. If I wait for the DVD to get released in New Zealand, I'll probably be waiting till Q2 of 2007. We only just got Shane's Without a Trace episode 5 days ago.
Back to top Go down
Sheva

Sheva

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Jul - 8:35

Does make fun banter I suppose. I don't get why some people were so upset over The DaVinci Code though, I thought it was brilliant.

Channel 4 over here stopped showing Without a Trace (and The West Wing), they showed them on E4, but they started before I got Freeview, so I couldn't watch them, besides Without a Trace is on at the same time as House. I think I actually have Shane's episode though, my mum taped a couple of Without a Trace episodes for me (including Shane's) but I have no idea where the tape is.
Back to top Go down
DJay

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Jul - 0:42

Thats scary! House is on at the same time as Without a Trace in NZ aswell! I thought it was quite a decent episode of Without a Trace. I don't see why people would go so far over the DaVinci code. The question is; Would Jesus cause a riot over a movie?
Back to top Go down
Sheva

Sheva

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Jul - 5:31

Weird! I may sort out some tapes today so I might find it, or I might just shove them into a "tidy" pile.

Y'know, Jesus probably loves the movie, he's probably a huge Tom Hanks fan, and is sitting up in Heaven and him and God are like "What's their problem? This is a brilliant film! It's a Tom Hanks film!" They've probably joined the fanlisting. lol.
Back to top Go down
DJay

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Jul - 17:28

God is on everybody's fan listing. If anyone can find me a site where I can pre-order Desperation DVD - PLEASE tell me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheva

Sheva

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jul - 4:17

DJay wrote:
God is on everybody's fan listing.

Lol. True.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G1R39E/qid=1152007644/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-3440040-2758249?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

That's just region 1 though... Sad
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2005-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jul - 20:06

Sarah scores again! Smile
Back to top Go down
DJay

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul - 4:26

I can handle region 1. Pre-ordered, that means I'm eligible for free shipping cos I'm also buying iWoz. W00t.
Back to top Go down
Sheva

Sheva

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul - 10:27

I'm region 2. That's all. Unless I watch it on my computer. And without a MacBook in my room, that's no fun. Although I watched the whole first season of Wings today on my computer with no complaints. Although that might have had something to do with watching Steven Weber... so it wouldn't bother me to watch Desperation on my computer either Smile although then I'm tempted to go on the internet Sad
Back to top Go down
DJay

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jul - 19:27

Thats why you go Dual screen, watch the movie on one screen while surfing on the other. Works great for me.
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jan - 18:53

I apologize if this doesn't help our European members, but wanted to mention that Buy.com has Desperation for $12.62. Shipping is free with $25 or more total purchase, but even with shipping it's like $14.52, or in other words a good $5 savings over your local Wally World Wink

http://www.buy.com/prod/Desperation/q/loc/322/202703394.html
Back to top Go down
Twinkle
Twinkle

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Jan - 3:01

Thank you.

Do you have the DVD ? Because I just want to know of on the goodies, or making of or something they mention shane, or if thay have something (interview, video) with him ?
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Jan - 18:24

I was going to wait until I wanted to order something else along with it for free shipping, so no, I'm sorry I haven't yet Sad

As you know, it has a "featurette" on the making of Desperation, but I can't see specifically about Shane until I get it.

Features
Audio Commentary With Director Mick Garris
Audio: English Dolby Digital Stereo
Featurette: The Making Of Desperation
Interactive Menus
Interview With Horror Author Legend Stephen King
Scene Selection
Subtitles: English
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Special Features   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Feb - 17:56

Okay so now the Desperation DVD is under $10 at Walmart, so even as cheap as I am I bought it today lol.

The special features just don't offer much. The brief interview including Stephen King wasn't bad, if only it weren't the only featurette on the whole dvd. A real shame, and this production deserved more.

It's false or at least a mistake that the website even posted "making of Desperation" as a special feature, because it's not really there. I haven't yet viewed the film with the audio commentary, and that may be terrific, but we know already that it does not directly include Shane either.

Since he's like...the FOCAL STAR of this story in my opinion, I hope at least there are some nice anecdotes in the audio commentary, and I'll get back to you later on that.

I don't regret buying this great show at all, and Shane is wonderful in it, but the DVD production deserved a little better effort.
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Feb - 1:58

Okay, I seem to be talking to myself here, but just wanted to say that it's been scarier and more intense watching Desperation on dvd than it was the first time on tv!

I've been watching Desperation on my pc, and using headphones too. The soundtrack is much nicer than it was on my tv I guess. the whole thing was more intense, and the various drums and other percussion kept the feeling tense.

Would rather not watch it alone, but I survived Smile
Back to top Go down
Karure

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2006-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Feb - 11:27

I sure wish I had enough money to pay for the dvd and for the skipping! (?).
Can't somebody give me 35 dollars? rabbit.

Sorry, for being inactive by the way, I'm checking the website every day for the interview, but I haven't got the time for the message board right now Razz.
Back to top Go down
Twinkle
Twinkle

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Feb - 20:02

And with a DVD screencaps are wayyyyyyyy better quality !
Back to top Go down
wouterjan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Jul - 15:11

where can i dounloud Desperation ,
in holland (the netherland ) i cant buy him
Back to top Go down
Pandoraman

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Jul - 8:15

Quote :
where can i dounloud Desperation ,
in holland (the netherland ) i cant buy him

Downloading isn't good. I think you could buy it in the Internet for example on Ebay or Amazon. On my last journey to the Netherlands I saw Desperation in a Media Markt in Alkmaar. You can also download some extracts of the movie from Shane Haboucha Avenue (http://shane-haboucha.ca.cx).

Good luck and welcome to the message board. I hope you'll post a lot, because it isn't much active yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperation   Desperation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Desperation
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next