~ Gifted ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome on Gifted. This message board is dedicated to the actor Shane Haboucha.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I propose a forum event!

Go down 
+3
Sheva
Flora
Living_Dead_Boy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2005-12-25

I propose a forum event! Empty
PostSubject: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 2 Feb - 17:36

"Most users ever online was 8 on Sat 26 Nov à 8:37"

We now have 21 users, and yet the last record for users was set over 2 months ago. This is an outrage that must not stand!

I propose that we discuss a day, date and time that the most possible members could have a chance to login, and at least attempt to break the record of 8 Smile

As I have a limited social life I am sadly available on most nights lol, but I could possibly make an exception to come very early or very late if my European friends wish to try this. I'm in the eastern standard time of the U.S.A. (GMT -05:00 )

Your thoughts? Suggestions? Am I insane? If I am, are you okay with that?
Back to top Go down
Flora
Admin
Flora

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2005-11-21

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 2 Feb - 22:41

lol that's a great idea!! Very Happy
for me that would be better a friday or a saturday because of school
Back to top Go down
http://kzworld.free.fr
Sheva

Sheva

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2005-11-30

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyFri 3 Feb - 9:14

I'm free pretty much every night as long as there's nothing on TV and my sister isn't using the computer.

The internet is my social life Very Happy oh! and TV of course! My best friend Tevie Very Happy lol. but seriously...
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyFri 3 Feb - 16:09

Well this isn't a bad start Basketball

I think that because our members aren't currently checking in daily that we might want to make our first try for either a week from now, or even 2 weeks if you agree, so that we can get a little momentum.

The way it looks to me there's roughly 6 or 7 hours difference between my eastern U.S. time and the average of European members. So even as much as 10 hours or so difference for a West Coast american member.

Please make suggestions about what time we might be able to attempt to login together. As I said I can probably be very flexible. I just want to go along with what works for most others.

Maybe to make it more interesting our kind host could post a new wallpaper or something to commemorate the event, if someone made one. Any volunteers? Smile
Back to top Go down
_vitoria

_vitoria

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-01-02

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyFri 3 Feb - 17:01

that's cool!
a saturday would be great for me...
but we have to see the times..since we live in different places lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fotolog.net/____vi
Flora
Admin
Flora

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyFri 3 Feb - 17:02

i'll be in holidays in a week so as twinkle so she'll come back home and i think we will be able to be on at any hour Smile
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptySat 4 Feb - 21:21

Well we are only up to about, what? 5 contenders so far? We should try for at least twice this many before attempting it. Anyone else please? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ced

Ced

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2005-11-24

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptySun 5 Feb - 2:37

I'll propably be ok . What a Face
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyTue 7 Feb - 20:55

Well my friends, I'm still happy to show up about anytime this weekend, but it appears very doubtful to me that we are going to have a "record breaking" crowd Smile

Sooo, maybe it should be downgraded to a picnic or something hmm?
Back to top Go down
_vitoria

_vitoria

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyWed 8 Feb - 14:04

yeah..only 5 people?
that sucks...
my oliver community in orkut has over 40 people...i can ask if them wanna come in and join the forum and stuff...what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyWed 8 Feb - 19:49

I can't speak for our host, but I'm sure others are welcome here. They should really be fans of Oliver and/or Shane though (SHANE!!)

The little event was just a silly idea to have fun. It's not so important that we beat the old record. Someday we will Smile
Back to top Go down
Flora
Admin
Flora

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 9 Feb - 4:43

no i think that would be great because ther eisn't that much of activity around here
Back to top Go down
Twinkle
Twinkle

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2005-12-20

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 9 Feb - 6:00

Living_Dead_Boy wrote:
I can't speak for our host, but I'm sure others are welcome here. They should really be fans of Oliver and/or Shane though (SHANE!!)

Hahaha yes SHANE!.... Well I agree with Flora, we can be more active here, if we want to. The forum event is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Sheva

Sheva

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2005-11-30

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 9 Feb - 7:33

Flora wrote:
ther eisn't that much of activity around here

More than on my forum... *sob*
Back to top Go down
Flora
Admin
Flora

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 9 Feb - 10:21

well actually i kinda understand people, they don't really come here like i don't really come on forums i don't have that much time so i only go on mines to check what everyone say you know, but i always register to forums and come 2 or 3 times on them and then i forgot to come back lol
Back to top Go down
_vitoria

_vitoria

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 9 Feb - 15:14

Flora wrote:
well actually i kinda understand people, they don't really come here like i don't really come on forums i don't have that much time so i only go on mines to check what everyone say you know, but i always register to forums and come 2 or 3 times on them and then i forgot to come back lol
same here! haha
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 9 Feb - 23:56

The weekend is almost upon us Smile

It was a nice idea, but we don't really have much of a concensus going that we should have expectations right now, so I won't. I know we all have forums and places that we tend to be most active in, and a nice fansite might be forgotten sometimes, but you never know.

I'll be visiting sometimes this weekend, I'm sure I'll run into some of my new forum friends as I do.
Back to top Go down
Twinkle
Twinkle

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2005-12-20

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyFri 10 Feb - 5:42

Flora wrote:

lol why everyone is doing the same thing !! lol

I cant be online on week ends and evenings.. sorry
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyFri 10 Feb - 17:49

If I blamed you I'd only be kidding, but I don't have the heart to anyway, because your avatar and sig always make me smile I love you
Back to top Go down
Wolfuk

Wolfuk

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2005-11-25

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptySat 11 Feb - 6:48

This was done in one of the forums I belong to and became very succesful, it was great as well as the second time it was more fun.

Can I suggest the most succesful was when they did it on a weekend - evening this meant that USA and those outside UK are on weekend and not at school so chances are theyll come in even if its just to say hi and be part of the breaking a record

Ill defantly be there (aslong as im not in bed)

Oh by the way a weekend would be better, however its also Holiday week next week so most won't be at school

Tell me the date and ill post in my Olive davis Forum/group

wolf
Back to top Go down
http://www.youngvoicesstudio.org.uk
_vitoria

_vitoria

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptySun 12 Feb - 12:07

yeah..we gotta decide the day/time soon...lol
i'm on everyday...but it'd be better on a saturday..
anytime..
Back to top Go down
Flora
Admin
Flora

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptySun 12 Feb - 14:43

yeah saturday for me is the best day too and at anytime
so i propose to do it a saturday and we've got to choose the time, then i'll send an email to all the members and i'll post a message on the site and hopefully we will have people there to post some messages because this forum needs more activity lol
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! EmptyThu 13 Apr - 14:18

Well it was bound to happen, and yesterday the "most users online" record was broken again with noone even trying Laughing

With more people posting now, and getting to know each other, and even sharing some nice pics, it's becoming a happier board I love you

Plus there's going to be some cool fan stuff to discuss this year. I have my calendar marked for the ABC broadcast of Shane's movie. That's gonna be fun. First time I ever get to see a whole performance by him Smile

I think it's going to be a lot busier here from now on. Just a guess!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I propose a forum event!   I propose a forum event! Empty

Back to top Go down

I propose a forum event!
Page 1 of 1