~ Gifted ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome on Gifted. This message board is dedicated to the actor Shane Haboucha.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Layout - not about actors.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nico

Nico

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2005-12-21

Layout - not about actors. Empty
PostSubject: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptyTue 25 Apr - 15:35

I would like to know if someone could help me make a layout for a website which is not about an actor/actress. I tried to design a website but I am not satisfied with what I have done using Photoshop and when I see the layouts you make using photos and effects and texts, I think it could be good.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/ncoupier
Twinkle
Twinkle

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2005-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptyTue 25 Apr - 17:18

ok, it'll be $100 for you, but only because you're a friend !!
LOL jk, i don't have anytime right now, but soon if anyone do it before
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2005-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptyTue 25 Apr - 19:54

Hey Nico! Glad to see you back Smile

I agree, the stuff Twinkle and friends have shown here is high caliber, so I won't offer to compete with that, but I would be glad to try some samples for you.

Are you able to link or send me any of your drafts with some ideas of what you want? I'm a pretty good editor, and also have some skilled friends.
Back to top Go down
Nico

Nico

PostSubject: What I have done.   Layout - not about actors. EmptyWed 26 Apr - 13:07

I hosted my try at the layout on imageshack, so here it is so you can see what I was trying to do : show nice pictures of objects and have effects on text. I like, for instance, the texts on the title image of the forum. But I do not know how to add them.

Layout - not about actors. Sanstitre1copier2jp.th
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptyWed 26 Apr - 14:22

I wonder if you remember the original "Homeworld" game? I ask because even though it's kind of old, I always thought the gui was very good and stylish.

When I saw your page draft and with the color scheme it made me think how you might like similar effects. I still have a copy of the game demo around somewhere. Perhaps I could export some of the graphics and effects from the buttons. They had a kind of neon glow.

I'll see if I can find my coding friend later. I'd need some help from him, but with some luck I could hope to produce a draft for you to consider. Is the linked pic a low res version of what you want?
Back to top Go down
Nico

Nico

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptyFri 28 Apr - 12:30

I do not remember the game you mentionned. Question
The picture I linked is a low-res view of the one I want to use for the website, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Flora
Admin
Flora

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2005-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptySat 29 Apr - 15:08

i can help you if you want (i've got a website http://kzworld.free.fr) it's free but i received some orders and i see i don't have time to make them, plus i don't really want to make them lol, so i think i'll might make some rules like "be a friend" or "give something in exchange"
Back to top Go down
http://kzworld.free.fr
Nico

Nico

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptySat 29 Apr - 15:27

Your site is well done, Flora. Hurray for php ! Very Happy
I would appreciate any help that can be given, and of course I am willing to help back for anything ; you'll just have to ask and I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptySat 29 Apr - 18:06

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My coding friend is in finals right now, so I'm limited what I could offer for a while.

It's wonderful if Flora can help you. I'm still available to do what I'm able to if you need me. Maybe I could get some screenshots with buttons that might look good on that, or whatever, although I'm guessing that Flora is more than capable I love you
Back to top Go down
Twinkle
Twinkle

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2005-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. EmptySun 30 Apr - 8:05

Nico wrote:
Your site is well done, Flora. Hurray for php ! Very Happy
I would appreciate any help that can be given, and of course I am willing to help back for anything ; you'll just have to ask and I'll see what I can do.
Nicky is a good psychologist if you need help, Flora !! LOL
geek
Back to top Go down
Nico

Nico

PostSubject: Nick the psychologist.   Layout - not about actors. EmptySun 30 Apr - 8:27

Twinkle wrote:
Nicky is a good psychologist if you need help, Flora !! LOL
geek

I am a self-taught geek actually, but Laughing

More seriously, if you can work on the buttons, it would be great.
It is not urgent anyway. I want to make the site this summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Layout - not about actors.   Layout - not about actors. Empty

Back to top Go down

Layout - not about actors.
Page 1 of 1