~ Gifted ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome on Gifted. This message board is dedicated to the actor Shane Haboucha.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broken Hearted.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2005-12-25

Broken Hearted. Empty
PostSubject: Broken Hearted.   Broken Hearted. EmptyTue 14 Mar - 17:59

This forum may not be the perfect place to share this, but I know there are a few caring friends here, and really don't know who to share this with anyway.

Today my beautiful kitten Patches had to be put down by the veterinarian. I knew she had become very weak and breathing hard, but it turned out to be advanced cancer, even spread to her lungs, and there was very little chance to improve her situation.

The picture link here shows her just yesterday, and you can see she was still alert and graceful, but she was also severely dehydrated and barely breathing or eating for days, and only getting worse.

Still, it made it even more heartbreaking to make the choice. It doesn't seem fair that one day she wants only to be near me and sit in the sun in her back yard, and now my kitten is gone. The very little hope of helping her live a little longer meant expensive care by leaving her alone in a cage in that strange place far from home with strange dogs barking nearby. I pray she forgives me for making this terrible choice and kissing her one last time.

She came to me as a stray, so her age is only a guess, but I had her for nine years and it feels so wrong that she's not even in the world anymore.

Crying or Very sad

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img88/718/13mar06patches9aw.jpg
Back to top Go down
Absolute Jimmy

Absolute Jimmy

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2005-11-26

Broken Hearted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Hearted.   Broken Hearted. EmptyTue 14 Mar - 18:57

oh i am so sorry to hear about your cat. but at least now she will be at peace. feel better, and i am sory again. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://jimmy.weird-world.net/
Flora
Admin
Flora

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2005-11-21

Broken Hearted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Hearted.   Broken Hearted. EmptyTue 14 Mar - 23:48

yeah i'm really sorry about Patches Sad
Back to top Go down
http://kzworld.free.fr
_vitoria

_vitoria

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-01-02

Broken Hearted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Hearted.   Broken Hearted. EmptyWed 15 Mar - 14:25

i'm really, really sorry about yr cat.
i love animals more than anything in the world. i want to be a vet.
so...i can't say i know how you're feeling, cos i can't even imagine that!
but keep in mind that she would be in pain here, and now she's in peace, as she deserves.
and i'm sure she won't forigive you, she'll thank you for doing the best for her.
so don't blame yrself...if you did everything you could to save her, that's what matters.
just remember the great times you had with her and remember that now she's fine and happy ok? (:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fotolog.net/____vi
Living_Dead_Boy

Living_Dead_Boy

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2005-12-25

Broken Hearted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Hearted.   Broken Hearted. EmptyWed 15 Mar - 19:24

Thank you all for the kind thoughts towards Patches and I. It does hurt to think about the end, but I know it was necessary. I never think much about heaven, but I hope I can be with her again someday.

The hard part for now is just missing her so much, and imagining seeing her in all of the places around here where she was. She liked nothing better than to sit with me and nuzzle into my hand.

I understand if I sound overly sentimental, but I can tell you it's easy to take for granted until suddenly your loved ones are gone. I know more than ever how much of a blessing she was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Broken Hearted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken Hearted.   Broken Hearted. Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken Hearted.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Gifted ~ :: Community :: Off Topic-
Jump to: